Friday, December 30, 2011

On Bible Study

It's only 2 pm, but I am already beginning to succumb to the cocktail of melatonin, Unisom, and warm milk (not to mention the weariness from my early morning gym routine). Sleep shall be mine soon, for about 6 hours, before waking for the midnight shift at Dallas Love Field as the weather observer. I anticipate all of two flights maximum will either arrive or depart the station, but that has no bearing on my duties. I will keep the hourly reports flowing, with possibly a special if the weather requires. Tonight, the TAFs are forecasting high clouds that may require me to bring some extra reading material to work to ruminate on between hourly reports.

But that was not the point of this post.

The point of this post is my new Bible study plan. See, I am a planner. I don't just like to plan, I HAVE to plan. Even if I never follow through, I feel that part of the entire process was making the plan in the first place, and on that account, I feel at least moderately successful at anything I start. But my Bible study plans have been 99% good intentions, and 1% follow through. Maybe less.

This year, I thank the Lord for rattling my cranium a bit with some good old fashioned common sense. Not only am I a planner, but I like to have a system. It feels safe, manageable. Do-able.

This year, I'm going through the Bible in its Chronological order of events. I think that will be a good place to start, and hopefully it will make more sense to me. Not that the Bible doesn't make sense, but I know that there are a lot more connections that can be made in, say, the Psalms if one understands the circumstances under which they were written. That is my goal. To not just read through the Bible this year, but to understand what I've read.

Enter this blog.

I have thought it might be a smart idea to share what I've been learning. I have written a summary paragraph of each chapter as I've read it, and plan to insert it into my 3-ring-Bible. Additionally, I'll be posting them here for consideration.

And on that note...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home