Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thoughts for the new year

While thinking about this new year, I've been admittedly entranced by the idea of the "fresh start." What changes would I like to make in my life, and what would I like to pursue? I feel as though I'm at the starting line for another race, the gun about to go off. What will my chosen course be? What path will I take? What will I pursue? What will I avoid? Not that all our days go as we have planned, but it takes some effort to pursue the beneficial things, and avoid things not as beneficial.

Effort. It really does take effort to live a purposeful life. And this year, my effort, by God's grace, will go toward valuing the Savior and His sacrifice supremely. As supremely as a human can, at least. To value it more than anything on this earth, which will be impossible if left to my OWN effort. I need the grace of God to value Him, simply put.

Lord, may this year be spent investing my heart, my time, my mind in YOU and in YOUR WORD, which endures forever. Heaven and earth will pass away, but the Word of the Lord will stand.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Br'er Shaygetz said...

Amen dear sister...

"Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home