Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thoughts on suffering

Now, I don't for a moment imagine that anyone will find this post to be helpful, though perhaps some do, and that only by the grace of God. Only.

As I think back on 2011, I have to say, it was a year I'd consider a year of an introduction to suffering. I am sure that there will be more to come. I am not promised an easy life here, no matter how well I may plan for contingencies. God alone is the planner of my days. I know this well. But something I have learned from this year is not to hold on to this earth too tightly, but to be willing to let everything go, and bless the Lord at the same time. I have faced a number of fears and trials and have come to see that when I do not value the Lord supremely, I suffer more. James was not trifling with his words when he said to Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. This year, I've learned the continuing lesson to embrace suffering. To put down what may be too much for me to hold after all, and to just rest in His unfailing love. It all used to be such a trite saying, but now it is how I live my days.

What a difference a year makes.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home