Monday, May 28, 2007

Update

Sorry, I haven't had much of a chance to update while on my trip. I had grand visions of providing daily updates with pictures, but that simply hasn't been possible with marginal internet available, late nights and early mornings. This just hasn't been a priority.

Recap:

Saturday: OKC to Hays, Kansas. Mostly driving. Some storm investigation.

Sunday: Hays, KS to Kadoka, SD (where I am now). One landspout in Nebraska (check the SPC site for confirmation). Very faint on the camera. I will fix it up and show it to you when I return. The highlight after the landspout was the badlands of South Dakota bathed in moonlight. You can't even possibly KNOW how beautiful that is. If it wasn't so late, I would have begged for a dangerous curvy roadside photo-op with the tripod. I need to come back. Note to self: bring vehicle with high ground clearance. Roads are atrocious, if even existant.

Okay, briefing is in about 40 minutes. We're going to decide whether to book it to the panhandle of Texas (yes, we're insane) from South Dakota for a show tomorrow evening, or stay in place for a predicted 15% tornado threat for North Dakota.

Signing off...

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

be careful
love you
dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home