Thursday, May 17, 2007

So much to do...

Leaving town in about a week to begin this season's chasing adventure with Jenna. I've been so busy I haven't had time to really think about it, or post here. What will it be like to do nothing BUT work behind the camera for a week??? Oh my, I can't even imagine.

Visited mom and dad for Mother's Day, and saw the puppies!!!! At 4.5 months old, they're forces to be reckoned with. I didn't bring the camera, and I should have. They're such beautiful German Shepherds. I'm a very proud Aunt, or whatever. They're still chewing on everything, which required constantly washing my arms up to my elbows.

When there's so much to be done, I think the weight of it all clouds my thinking and I don't actually accomplish as much as if I had only a little to do. I need to make a list soon before I forget anything... like paying my rent. Oh, and there's laundry, and packing, and cleaning. I'm looking forward to spending this weekend at home.

Finally, I'm learning more about grace. What it means. Where and how it is applied. My pastor said something during an evening sermon about how David eulogized Saul and focused on all of his good characteristics. It struck me that grace requires separating the sinner from the sin. We humans don't do that too easily. We line everything up in our minds and take aim, shooting everything with one stone. We think we can be like God and dole out judgment and wrath and vengeance on the person because of what they did (and continue to do). Without the Spirit it is impossible to love graciously, and to speak the truth in the face of opposition by the world and its ways. We must keep the sinner and the sin separate in our minds, and love the sinner while showing contempt and hatred for the sin.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Even So... said...

Excellent last paragraph...apply to recent death of Jerry Falwell...I wish more people would do that...

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

You know, I wasn't quite thinking of him 100%, rather of other things that have been happening in my life, which the Lord has been teaching me. But when his death was announced, I definitely saw application to that.

It's such a pride issue. I don't WANT to say anything nice about person X, so I find good reason not to. It makes me wonder where the old adage went, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." We are all so sure we have the right to say something no matter what we think, whether it is nice or not.

More on this topic later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home