Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On Joseph

I sat down and read the account of Joseph in Genesis.

Here was a man who let God hand out vengeance. Instead, Joseph shunned evil, loved good, and loved his Lord. He was a hard working man who would rather lose his job than agree with evil. Joseph was also an incredibly sensitive person. A number of times the account mentions him breaking down and crying. And this man was ruler over Egypt's food supply, second only to Pharoah himself.

Briefly, just love God, hate evil. This will give you that desire to work hard, as for the Lord, and accept the temporal pitfalls associated with hating the world and the things of the world.

This is all I can eke out with the narrow bandwidth available in my brain at the moment. It's coming down the wire to "what do I have time to do before I leave" and "what can I do without".

*sigh*

EDIT-- I really NEED a vacation. I don't do these often enough. You know, I don't think I need to be away from the office, and then it hits me out of the blue... just back away slowly, Marcia, and no one gets hurt...

For one week I will forget this place exists...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home