Friday, November 03, 2006

Tripwire

Satan LOOOVES to use tripwire. It's nearly invisible, it's effective, and it gets you completely DOWN, which is where he wants ya.

Such a description is frightening. It's invisible, but not undiscernible; it's effective, but not permanent; it gets us completely down so we can't see anything but what is on the ground with us, and it requires some effort to get up, but it's not impossible to overcome. It just doesn't look too good from where we are at the time.

I think this requires us to boost our technology. Night vision goggles, radar detectors, the whole bit. How do we do this? By staying completely in the Word, through constant prayer (which goes hand in hand with the Word. If you're not reading nearly as much as you're praying, you might want to rethink strategies), and through fellowship.

I've been hit by the tripwire. And it sucks. It's kinda dark, so I'm not sure how far down I am, but I can discern where the tripwire is, so next time I hope I can avoid it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

Excellent observations, Marcia.

There are some sins in my past that are a snare to me. Not that I am caught in doing them anymore, but Satan bears down on me with overwhelming guilt associated with them.

He puts doubts into my head concerning various passages on forgiveness and fellowship; he robs me of the joy of the presence of the Lord.

The godlier I strive to be, the greater his attacks...

Antonio

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

I see it is going to be everything I can do for you to respond to me, Marcia!

Comon, I wanna converse with you, how about it?

Antonio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home