Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Living the Adventure

Last night happened so fast, I really couldn't stop it...

I showed up at the bike shop to embark on my very first group ride. I showed up early, though, and found myself blurting out to the manager that I wanted to change out the pedals and shoes to a clipless system before we left. I really don't think my mind had any say in this move; it was all my mouth.

So here we are. It's my first time out with a pack. I have no clue where we're going or how long we'll be gone. We're safely maneuvering down semi-busy streets. It's dark. It's raining. And I'm negotiating my way along, now "one" with my bike.

AHHHHH!!

Only fell once. Threatened to a few more times before I realize that I CAN get out of the other pedal if I remember to do so before my centroid moves beyond the point of no return.

What an adventure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home