Monday, July 20, 2009

I can't remember the last time my marching orders included the words "plod." But I feel that I am there now. I am learning a lot about humility and godliness and holiness. And that it is no sin to imitate God, no matter how much the struggle.

Work is just as much of a struggle as it has ever been. But I am convinced that I am to be here. I will not take this with me, and I think that a revision in my own understanding of what work is to be about is in order. It must be about God and His work. I must keep my eyes fixed upon Heaven.

Oh, why is this so hard? Why?

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Br'er Shaygetz said...

I am glad to see you writing again...I was getting a bit concerned but didn't feel it proper to email.

I understand the work issue, the depravity I can walk into as I do my rounds can be quite heart breaking and discouraging. Psalm 37 has been a great comfort these past three daze in that regard. Can't say it will fit your situation but, like chicken soup, it couldn't hurt. :-)

Blessings, grace and peace to you in this time, BC

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

Thanks, Br'er. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home