Monday, February 02, 2009

Dear Diary

Day 33 of my trek through the Bible in one year. Many evil deeds perpetrated on the young earth. Many animals slaughtered. But there is hope.

I wanted to stop at an unusual place. Leviticus 5:4.

Or if a person swears, speaking thoughtlessly with his lips to do evil or to do good, whatever it is that a man may pronounce by an oath, and he is unaware of it -- when he realizes it, then he shall be guilty in any of these matters.

How often do I do this? How often do I make such statements against some thing or some one? And it is their carelessness that causes us to dismiss their value. They were insincere words spoken by us, so they ought not to mean anything. Right?

Now, I am not seeking to be legalistic. But I AM seeking holiness. I have been dealing with a desire to serve God, but with no idea where to start. How can my wicked heart know the right way?

Oh, but there is an answer for that in God's Word.

Psalm 119:9 tells us how. How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word.

Psalm 119:162 I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great treasure.

Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

And finally
Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home