Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I don't have a whole lots of time to write here today, so I'll just post a brief thought.

I had to get rid of Chester. There was nothing really wrong with the cat. On the surface, everything was fine. He was well-mannered, sociable, and cute. He had his faults, but we all do. However, I knew deep down that I needed to be obedient, even though I didn't understand why. I didn't really enjoy having him around. He was a quick decision that I made on my own without praying about first. I thought I could do that. But the lesson I learned here is that God ought to be involved in every decision I make. I never had a settled feeling in my gut after bringing him home, but thought that should fade with time. It never did.

And now I just have one cat. And she is back to her "old self." The Crystal I had before Chester came around is the one I liked more. She brings me her toys now, plays with me, talks to me, curls up with me. She doesn't behave like she's merely tolerating life anymore. And I am not merely tolerating a cat anymore.

There is freedom in obedience. And obedience brings blessing. To be sure, I am experiencing more peace, and peace is a blessing not to be disregarded.

So, do not harden your heart to obedience to Him. Trust Him and trust His Word. Otherwise, how can you say you believe Him?

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Matt Haugland said...

I'm trying to picture how that commandment would've gone. Maybe something like this?

"Do not harden your hearts. You shall love your one true cat with all your heart, and have no other cats before you. As a cat chases a laser pointer light, so will additional cats lead you astray. I am the LORD your God."

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

I think you're getting it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home