Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I just bought myself another iPod. My first one was sold in order to buy my bicycle. It gets plenty of use. But I can remember lamenting on many occasions that I had even sold the iPod in the first place. I have found myself in many situations where I had time on my hands, and I could get a sermon in, or listen to a passage of scripture I was trying to memorize. So I took the plunge and bought a REFURBISHED iPod.

Minor plug for refurbished merchandise: You buy it from the original manufacturer, so it comes with a warranty. It is still cheaper than it was brand new, but you don't have to worry about buying something at as-is quality. I've bought all of my laptops refurbished, and have been VERY pleasantly surprised with the quality at a lesser cost.

Anyway, it is twice as big as, and cost less than, my first one. I guess holding out was worth it. I can't wait to get the ESV on there, and John MacArthur's sermons. I even have a tape that fits in the tape deck of my car and runs from the iPod to play its contents through the speakers. I am looking forward to driving home for Christmas listening to something.... good.

5 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy my ipod and download R C Sprou's podcasts everyday. It is really wonderful.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Marcian said...

I almost bought a generic mp3 player, but since I have a Mac computer now, the two are pretty seamless.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

Merry Christmas, Marcia!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Br'er Shaygetz said...

May you and yours have a blessed and safe holiday.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been missing you posting. Hope you're doing ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home