Tuesday, December 09, 2008

What we need here...

Now that the breathing room has increased, I'm thinking.

Dangerous, I know.

First off, I decided to go on the chase in 2009. Jenna is paying for it. I will get another round of photos for my use. I cannot look at the entirety of what this will do for me all at once. I think I need to start looking at the positive side of this venture. This is to serve Jenna. Not myself. I would rather go into this with the mindset of "how can I serve God with this opportunity and gift?" than look excessively for the negative sides and then blowing them out of proportion and saying "Look! I told you it was a bad idea."

I was looking at the websites of some incredible light artists and just KNOW that I can reproduce that. I began thinking of all the lighting setups I could create on the fly, and how easy it can all be with the right equipment. So I just said to myself:

"Self. You understand this more than architecture. You enjoy this more than architecture. You can do this by yourself more than architecture. You are gifted at this more than architecture. It is okay if you develop this hobby on the side, but DEVELOP it indeed! Don't let it just sit there and languish because you are guilty about focusing on it. You are well aware that you can do code, and that is about it. You serve your boss and coworkers, but you don't plan to run an office, nor do you desire it. But you DO desire to engage photography, and you're not unable to do that. So, go. Do it. Keep your day job, and do this. It's not as if it is not lucrative in itself."

So, I need:

1. a domain name
2. the Canon 1D Mark II
3. business cards
4. a small softbox
5. a portable light stand
6. a transmitter
7. a car battery

Anyone have the number to National Geographic?

5 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was your weekend trip?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

Hi, Gayla! It didn't go as planned. I wasn't able to ride horses, or start a fire. But I read, and hiked. Overall, it was a well-used vacation.

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know! Will we be able to get together before Christmas?

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, but I think my server timed out...

We passed on some awards to you at Pearls and Diamonds--check out the post "An Awards Ceremony" for details!

Blessings,

Abigail@ Pearls and Diamonds

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grasshoppa,

A comment abuot re-creating what the "light artists" can do...

You have great vision. And although there is a place for learning from the masters, you already have everything you need to accomplish what is in your head - not on their website.

Visualize the image then ask God how to make it happen. Let it be an adventure between the two of you - and you will show His glory in YOUR art. It is not a "me" or "Him," but an "US." The deepest point of God's character is relationship. Use your art to deepen your relationship and everything else will fall in line.

You already have MORE than what it takes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home