Monday, May 12, 2008

Thankful for the Ridge

Day 1 synopsis:
The Death Ridge has set itself up in Tornado Alley. We're in Chickasha, Oklahoma, at the Best Western, riding it out. Nice weather. Great for sunning one's self at the pool. Great for reading one of the many books brought along.

But that's about all.

I'm thankful for the sunshine, though. And the food and the company. I'm thankful for the time away from work. And home. I'm thankful for the change of pace.

I'm thankful for the time of quiet introspection.

I'm sitting poolside with my copy of The Works of Anne Bradstreet. She's become my mentor. I love her passion for life. For her husband and her children. I love her passion for the Lord. And for life. She had a passion for life that is unparalleled to anything I've ever noticed in anyone before. I'm quite mesmerized with her outlook on life at the moment.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Connie said...

Seriously, I was thinking about you last night as I was watching the skies here in "Green Country"!!

I've been out of pocket for several days, so I didn't know you were out chasing storms now!

Our oldest daughter and I rode out last Wed. storm in our neighbor's storm cellar--sirens went off around dinner time, and there was some damage less than two miles north of our home. "Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains..." :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home