Thursday, May 08, 2008

The blessing of the Lord

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

I am considering this verse in light of the trip next week. Because right now, I'm downright giddy. I'm excited to be where my heart longs to be. On the plains, my feet on flat land uninterrupted by trees or buildings, under the unending skies.

And I don't understand the blessings, but to be sure, my heart needs to be right about them. To not feel guilty or irresponsible, but to be thankful for this ordained time in my life where I can pursue such untamed skies, where my heart can praise my God for His wonderful works.

Lord, I do not understand, but You said not to lean on my own understanding. You only say to acknowledge You in everything. May my heart and my mind be corrected to follow that command so that my way looks much less confusing next week. And may I pursue everything to the glory of God alone!

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger donsands said...

"where my heart can praise my God for His wonderful works."

Made me think of "This is My Father's World".

"This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker’s praise.
This is my Father’s world: He shines in all that’s fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;
He speaks to me everywhere."-
Malt­bie D. Bab­cock, 1901

Have a blessed weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home