Sunday, September 23, 2007

Conflicted over Yoga?

Get this book instead:
I have this book, and I LOVE it!!! I bought it when I was struggling with having energy during the middle of the day. Stretching was waking me up and I wanted a little more information on how to do it properly, and the extent of the muscle groups I could stretch.
First, it breaks the body down into its muscle groups and shows you how to stretch the individual muscle groups properly. The second half of the book lists many many activities with a picture chart of the stretches to do, as well as their preferred order, both before and after that activity.
I would recommend this book to ANYONE who wants to stay more flexible. Stretching is strenuous, and I'm sure the drops of sweat on my brow are indicative of a few calories burned (the operative word here is "few"). However, I still won't trade this activity for my road bike. If one wants to stay slim with stretching-type activities, they're gonna HAVE to supplement it with more rigorous aerobic activity.
Anyway, I just watched the CNN interview with Doug "Friend of the World" Pagitt and this book came to mind after watching the video clips of the yoga class participants.
Edit: I thought it was fitting to add an excerpt from this morning's Bible reading to this post.
Luke 6:26 "Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Now, this looks like a great book!

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stretching exercises are fine, but to be honest yoga isn't. Many people are unaware of the dangers of yoga and think that yoga is just an exercise program. Here is a reliable site to read up on the matter. Just copy and paste it onto your address bar...seems like a long address but it works. In Christ's love, sarah

http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=44070390&_charset_=utf-8&bcd=%C3%B7&scs=1&pageid=r&query=yoga&mode=Find+pages+matching+ALL+words

 

Post a Comment

<< Home