Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's love got to do with it?

What is loving?

Do we sometimes treat people/circumstances with flippancy or humour or sarcasm and think that because that is our way of "cajoling" them we are being loving?

Is being serious about a "serious" (meaning there could possibly be no humour to the nature of the circumstance, such as getting one's job completed to a satisfactory level) situation an unloving thing? Are we too caught up in "being everyone's friend" to really consider the eternal implications of secular employment?

That loving people doesn't necessarily mean keeping them happy (or happy with YOU). But the important thing is to recognize whether or not God is happy with you, whether your actions conform to what HE is asking of you to do.

Just some thoughts; I'd love to hear yours.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely correct to me. It sometimes is a hard thing to do at times.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Br'er Bobo said...

My job is the kind where there are serious legal issues to deal with if I brought up the Gospel or Scriptural references of any kind to the wrong person. I've been called on the carpet twice for it over the years.

As for the cajoling, a mistake can cost hundreds of dollars in my field. When a subordinate does it, I do some good natured riding in combination with stories of my own similar follies in the past, but all with the idea that it's a lesson learned and that it really is in their best interest to not repeat it.

I just do my best to do what I do as unto the Lord knowing that, at The Last Day, I'll have more then enough tears to be wiped away, even if I bat 1.000 from here on out.

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word has it that Blogger is losing people's post so you need to get a backup on all the stuff you don't want to lose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home