Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Just Let it Go

Last night we rode a different route. From Pantego, we usually trek south into Kennedale. But this time we rode east to Fort Worth. In fact, we rode from Pantego to Sundance Square. What a night!!!!

I made the unforgettable misake of leaving the seat-pack un-zipped. With my car key in it. Needless to say, by the time we were halfway to Fort Worth (on the I-30 service road, no less) my friend Delfin discovered my loss.

But here is where things actually got better. Because instead of worrying about it and turning around to search, I just let it go. Taking a look at the bigger picture, I revolved to finish the ride into Fort Worth and search for the key later. It wouldn't become less lost were I to turn back sooner and were I to worry.

Long story short, I found the key where I asusmed it might be: at a location where we had to turn our bikes on their ends to walk through a gate opening.

Praise the Lord. He really is "My God Saves".

*EDIT* I had a fantastic time on the ride. I enjoyed every minute of the thrill-seeking 33 miles!!!

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

Im still here.

Hope all your Christmas shopping is going well.

Your friend,

Antonio

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Garry Weaver said...

Thanks for this post. That is a lesson I keep trying to learn ,but with little success. I would have been frantic and probably would have missed out on the pleasure of the outing.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Garry Weaver said...

Thanks for this post. That is a lesson I keep trying to learn ,but with little success. I would have been frantic and probably would have missed out on the pleasure of the outing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home