Monday, August 03, 2009

What I'm reading, and why I'm reading it.



Briefly, what has come to my attention is that I have given too little quarter to work and to vocation. The one thing that is a constant in this world, although perhaps too little people value it as it ought to be valued, is the idea of hard work. Living in America, this can be easy. I have been given so much. Sometimes, I do not work hard, and do not even know HOW to. What is expected of me? How do I set expectations for myself? These are questions I still struggle with daily. So, I decided to immerse myself into this topic in order to gain understanding of how I am to use this life, these resources that I've been given as a ministry tool, a tool to share the gospel. Like anyone embarking upon what is promising to be a long and arduous construction project, I have a lot of tools gathered about me. This is the book I am reading now about vocation. While I cannot say that I agree wholeheartedly with everything in this book, I AM coming to an understanding of what my heart attitude ought to be toward my vocation and why it should be that way.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Jeff Wakley said...

At first glance, I thought the title was 'Luther on Vacation' which seemed deliciously ironic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home