Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I've been reading through some of Daniel Webster's writings on Google Books, the most ingenious, important and useful invention since the rubber band.

Though I haven't had time to read through an entire speech, I have come to one course-altering conclusion: anyone who doesn't think that politics and religion ought to be mixed must have very little understanding of one, the other, or both. And that is just a blanket statement needing to be further refined, of course. But Daniel himself stated that he knew of nothing but law and politics. And that made me consider that such a man who had such knowledge of both religion and politics knew their place. He was well acquainted with them both and his application is quite masterful.

It caused me to consider that that is the definition of a noble man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home