Friday, June 20, 2008

I am beginning to realize that it takes being a woman in a man's world to comprehend fully just how different we are. And indeed, we are different.

I read a post at Al Mohler's blog about the equal splitting of parental duties between mother and father, and just how could that possibly work. He made mention of the depth and accuracy of our mental lists, and he was right.

I could go on about how we women are more relational than men, we desire to help and support and nurture, rather than take control and take charge. Being expected to be in charge is a big pressure to face, and can be exacerbated by a lack of ability or drive to do so. I must be thankful that with all the drive I have to do everything to the uttermost, I don't have the drive to be in charge of things here. I just desire to help out.

So, soli Deo gloria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home