Monday, May 05, 2008

Isaiah 50:7


For the Lord GOD helps Me,
Therefore, I am not disgraced;
Therefore, I have set My face like flint,
And I know that I will not be ashamed.

I am thinking about the need to be an effective witness. Can I be that at work? What does it take? Some days, it takes setting my face like flint. Sometimes, I feel myself growing obstinate against the tide that runs pretty strongly here. But what about love? What about grace? How do I work to show that as well?

Now that the tests are over, I am beginning to see a new challenge dawn before me. The challenge of stemming the urge to live for myself, and to live to God and for others. The challenge to give up my rights as Christ did. The challenge of resting in the salvation of my God, and of resisting sin. The challenge of looking inward only as far as I can repent. Should there be anything that interrupts my inward gaze and carries my attention off to a self-involved trance, I must immediately return my gaze to Christ, seeing that all that I find within myself must be judged by that perfect holy standard.


Auf, but this requires resolve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home