Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Update on moi

Hello, my faithful readers. All two of you.

There has been a lot going on lately.

First, I passed my January exam. I am awaiting news on only one more exam before I can jump up and down in excitement, stall in bewilderment, then pass out in shock. I have a little something to break the news with, too, but that will have to wait until it's official. The two of you will have to come back then.

Other things include a short vacation to Lake Murray, Oklahoma, where I saw, of all people walking by at breakfast, Phil Johnson! I had no idea he was going to be there; I confess, my blog reading has been a bit lax of late. He came to the evening service at Countryside, and I asked him "did I see you...?" Yep, I had. Small world.

The vacation was intended to be a chance to do some hiking and canoeing and horseback riding. Well, I got to ride a horse. And if you want to count walking up the steep incline to the nature center "hiking" then I did some of that, too (saw what was billed as a meteorite, as well as some radioactive uranium; very interesting). The rest of the day was drizzly, cold and foggy. I took some lovely pictures of the fog, but I decided to leave the rest of the photo opportunities until another time when I could return. It was quiet, though; I stayed in my cabin and got a lot of reading done. As crazy as this sounds, I came back refreshed, energized, and not in need of another "vacation." Had things gone the way I had planned, I might have returned exhausted.

There's the Ham Radio exam which I'm targeting April 12th at 9:00 am for. The good news is that it's $14, and if you fail, they hand you another test and let you try it again. Probably for another $14. If only the ARE was this easy. Goodness!

Anyway, mix in upcoming trips to Maryland (work-related, but I'm going to visit the Cherry Blossom Festival at the National Mall if the weather holds up, and maybe even the Smithsonian) and Kansas City (to see my lovely sister, meet my future brother-in-law, and see his kids) and some things I am not at liberty to discuss at the moment, and you have a very busy life.

Right now, I'm flexing my growing architecture guns with a project due at a city planning office before the clock strikes noon on Friday. Gotta run.

Your Weather Hint of the Day

A cap is a layer of air that prevents convection or limits dynamic lifting. Another way of describing a cap is that it is a layer of stable air aloft.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Those Pyros show up in the strangest places!! You DO realize that Phil is an 'Oklahoma boy" don't you? From none other than "T-Town" (at least during his late teen years, and some family remains here).

Sorry to hear about the weather at the lake! Even though I love to hike, I would have considered the weather a bonus for my reading pleasure!!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

The weather was just fine, in hindsight. It was quiet, serene, perfect.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Br'er Bobo said...

Reader #2 just checking in ;-)

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First congrats! Second you have more than two readers! :) Third you forgot to take me with you on your lovely vacation! Now you will have to post your picture of the fog...I want to see it...I love fog! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home