Thursday, March 13, 2008

Late night at the office...

It's almost 12:30 in the morning and there's only one car in the parking lot. It would be mine.

I keep telling myself that I'm too old to be pulling all-nighters like this.

On the flip side, this should go by quickly.

I'm designing.

I don't design, actually. I am left-brained. I like structure, so much that I surprise myself. I used to be pretty go-with-the-flow, but I wasn't getting anything done. So I introduced structure into my life, and it's done a lot of good. But sometimes, structure doesn't mix with creativity. So, I had my coworker come over and sit with me while he explained how to put together a basic elevation from scratch. Augh. Talk about humbling. The almost-architect being schooled about how to draw a building elevation.

Doesn't anyone have any code questions????

note: this is also normally a catalyst for scanning the classifieds for code-related job opportunities. I'm not doing that this time, because I have to start accepting that life isn't all about me and what contributes to my immediate and unceasing happiness. It's about joyfully submitting to the authority of another, namely Christ (as His slave), and in this case, my boss.

by the way, I have in my possession conclusive evidence that the Starbucks cup when full of liquid content can only be microwaved three times before its structural integrity is compromised. *holds up coffee-stained paper*

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Kim said...

No code questions, but do you rent yourself out? I would love a screen porch added onto my kitchen.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Marcian said...

Screen porches are of the few things I feel comfortable doing at this point in my career... Right now, I'm designing an entire development. Need I mention how frustrated and inadequate I feel at this?

Not to mention the developer's silly notion that this can be submitted Monday afternoon.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Br'er Bobo said...

I guess you wouldn't want to hear how I built my screen porch entirely from plans in my head---wiring, lighting and all? No? That's OK, my beloved was impressed... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home