Tuesday, February 26, 2008

to be continued

and when I get back from the test, I'm taking a vacation with my code books, and without the phone, so I can get some reading DONE for once!

*looks up cabin rates in Broken Bow, OK*

update: 2 nights at the microtel for 111.47 USD... hmmmm...


Connie is right. Lake Murray it is. The cost of a cabin is less than the cost of the hotel!!

Booked my weekend; I'm going!!! Hopefully I'll get some reading done between the horseback riding, canoeing, hiking and biking...

There's even indoor fishing. I don't know how anyone can possibly get bored out there.

Now, what do deer eat.........

6 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Broken Bow is a nice choice--I have fond childhood memories of that area!

You might also consider Lake Murray south of Ardmore--State Park, simple private cabins or a lodge. Bring food for the deer, wild turkey, and geese. :-)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Marcian said...

Thanks, Connie, will do!

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lake Murray is BEAUTFIUL... I used to take some of my more advanced students there for the challenge of landing on the rather narrow and tree-crowded runway.....

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

I saw that on the map. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see someone land?

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have so much fun!!! Wish I were going too! Stay warm!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Deer eat cracked corn, and lots of it. Usually can find 50# bags at local home & garden stores, or pet stores (not the 'super' stores, but regional/local stores).

If that fails, try finding a local 'co-op' store in a small town (often in downtown near the railroad tracks) on your way north--try Sanger, Gainesville, Marrietta, etc.

Or, call a small local Vet clinic/office and see what they suggest.

Take some microwave popcorn to pop and feed the geese/ducks.

Oh yea, it's been a while since we stayed at Lake Murray, but you might consider taking along a lawn/camp chair (they didn't have them when we were there) to enjoy sitting outside your cabin.

Enjoy the peace and quiet!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home