Friday, January 25, 2008

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... (a short diversion)

Don't they look so harmless when they're asleep?


"Put the camera DOWN! Can't you see I'm not ready for pictures? Aren't you supposed to be studying?"



Okay, stop me if I'm wrong, here, but isn't this a legitimate (although not as beautiful as its classic shape) Kelvin-Helmholtz wave-form cloud? I think its origin is a contrail from a plane that happened to cross the boundary of two currents of air. This was the form's only location in the sky, as you can see to the right. Any meteorologists out there want to venture a guess?

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger jazzycat said...

Jazzy says hi to her peer whose name she has forgotten.......

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

Ah, Crystal is the napping kitty. She was pretty busy all week long while I was home, but today the rainy weather got the best of her, and she snuggled up on the couch all afternoon.

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know less about it than you do, but that definitely looks like Kelvin-Helmholtz waves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home