Thursday, January 10, 2008

For the good of the saints.

I scheduled my last exam this morning for March 17.

I could not schedule my most recent exam, nor did some paperwork which arrived last night indicate that this test could be scheduled again. To me, this means that I passed it. To me, this means that I only have two more tests to sit through. This means that I MAY know the status of my professional registration some time around the end of May. This means that I MAY be able to start pouring on a thicker repayment of my student loans.

Lord willing.

Dear Lord, You know there is SO MUCH I want to accomplish, but these tests weigh me down. They ARE teaching me about responsibility, commitment, obligation, seeing things through to the end. And on the other hand, I just want to open up a good book in the living room and read about something OTHER than how to operate a 10 year old piece of software that is incredibly counterintuitive. So please, if it is Your will, may I not receive any more "Fail"s in the mail. And may I study hard.

Funny thing about the cat. This situation made me see just how dire it was that I finish. For a brief moment, there was the thought that I could place the license in jeopardy by my own selfishness. And I fled from that as fast as I could. It was hard packing him into his crate this morning; he actually hissed at me, which he's never done. On the ride home from dropping him off at the vet, I felt relieved. I was sad, to be sure, but I felt a renewed sense of vigor toward the exams, and toward completing. And a thankfulness that the situation went as smoothly as it did. If this was the only reason that cat came into (and went out of) my life, then I have to say, how much more gracious and lavish can our God be? To use something as uncomfortable and sorrowful as that in order to put a renewed fire within me to finish the course I started ten years ago. I don't understand, but I don't have control or sovereignty, nor do I own everything like God does. Everything is His, and He uses it ALL for His purposes, to achieve His ends, and I'm beginning to see how it is often for the good of His saints.

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what will be your offical title when you're all done with school and tests?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

"Architect"

But you all can still call me Marcia.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Br'er Bobo said...

Architect---The person who wrote the blueprint that tells me I can fit my 6" drain pipe inside of a 3 1/2" wall.

Sorry about Chester...a time is coming very soon when more of us who name the Name above All names will have to strip out the harmless to make room for the necessary.

Blessings, grace and peace to you and yours, B

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

Mr. B'Nai, you are likely quite right. Thanks for courageously challenging me to be content with less. I look forward to our eternal reward which will surpass all we could ever imagine, and will cause all we have here on earth to pale in comparison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home