Friday, December 14, 2007

details, details

You know, I never considered myself to be a very detail-oriented person. I enjoyed looking at the bigger picture and feared getting so caught up in the finer points of something that I risked being blinded to the issues at hand.

But as I become more focused on my job, assured somehow that I will be in this field for a very very VERY long time (no objections there, though I am not at all omniscient) I have discovered my ability to take something apart to its very smallest components in the midst of the big picture.

I also have begun to notice that the more detail oriented you are in a subject that greatly interests you, the more proclivity you have to pointing out (not deliberately) mistakes.

Of course, who enables human wisdom but God alone.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Even So... said...

I agree, and it happens in my "line of work" all too often to the detriment of others, as if when they make a point, they have to have every little nuance down perfect or I have to correct them...makes them not want to talk theology to me at all...

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Marcian said...

well, I would personally appreciate the correction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home