Wednesday, January 31, 2007

God uses my sin

Those times I get frustrated with myself and my sin, I admit to wanting to walk away from it. But there's One thing standing in the way of that, and that's God. I could walk away, but I'd have to push hard. It turns out that the easier thing to do is to ask for forgiveness and repent.

God uses my sin to change my attitude toward others. When I realize how unlovable I must be to Him, I am reminded of how I ought to treat those who I oftentimes consider unlovable.

I mean, I am so beneath God. I cannot even think of it as an infant to an adult. I don't think there CAN be an accurate description. I am completely helpless without Him. Without His grace, I'd be living in the depths of sin, and completely unaware of my condition.

When I avoid discussing Him, or even neglect my time in the Word, I am reminded some days, and then long to be close to Him, to confess, to resolve.

And when I do not feel Him pulling me close to Him, I feel frightened, because I KNOW that I am not where I ought to be. I know my sin must be separating us, so I run to Him, and I search my heart.

I am still far from where I ought to be. But I know that the Lord alone is prodding me to become the woman He would want me to be. and yes, it is scary, because it doesn't fall in line with my own plans, the ones that make me feel "safe" and "secure". But what greater safety or security is there than in God alone??? To be in a plan that He has orchestrated alone? I can't think of anyplace better to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home