Thursday, December 03, 2009

Now, I'm not going to say this out too loudly, but I figured I'd jot it down here anyway.

I've been very interested lately in scientific philosophy, and how even the way we gather scientific data, and analyze scientific data, say something about our love for truth. For THE Truth. How our knowledge of what God commands, and His sovereignty over all Creation, affects how science is conducted. How our submission to the Word of God, and our obedience to the gospel, affect how we conduct our inquiry into the world. I mean, it certainly ought to be the greatest influence upon how we live.

I'm only whispering this because it might make me look like too much of a nerd.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger JIBBS said...

Read "The Philosophy of Science and the Belief in God" by Gordon Clark. It is a good book, although methinks our Van Tillian brethren would disagree.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Ryann said...

"Like"

If this makes you a nerd, it makes me an even bigger nerd.

Found your blog through, well, not a mutual friend, but through one of your friend's friends, who happened to be a mutual friend of a particular friend. (it's complicated)
All that to say, I found your blog quite a while ago, and I've liked everything I've read. :)
That which I've read so far has been eye-opening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home