Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Concerning the poem below, it seems that interpreting someone's thoughts through the words they leave behind is fairly easy. Well, fairly easy when we have our own biases and conclusions about something predetermined. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Originally, I liked that poem because it seemed to pin down the emotion behind this transition I am facing in life fairly well. But the more I thought about it, the more I associated certain events with certain lines in the poem, and all it did was depress me. I mean, overall it is true, but to use it as some sort of palm reading for the future is insane.

There are transitions in life, but they are to prepare us for the future, for perhaps a new direction. And to tell the truth, sometimes we're pretty content with the present. We wish it could go on as it is right now. It's safe. At least, what we know of it is safe. But it is not we who are in charge of our past or our future and in control of its safety. It is God.

Interpreting everything should be done in consistency with the Word of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home