Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coming up for air

A hard fact of life is that it moves on with or without us. I'm about to embark on a journey that I never quite gave much thought to before, but that was as it was supposed to be, I suppose. The Lord is sovereign over all things, and will use it all for His glory and for my good. I am about to hop back on the editing bandwagon and keep churning out the photos for Jenna's website. And I just realized today in a temporary moment of panic that people were going to see my face, my photos, put two and two together, etc... It was no longer going to be about my hiding in the shadows, releasing the shutter with little repercussion. Now thousands of people are going to see my work. That is more than I had ever dreamed would become a reality. Sure, I had considered a gallery showing, but when I considered all the work that would be to print the things, frame them, find a place interested in showing them, well, I gave up on that dream pretty quickly. But now this is being handed to me, and I'm a little more ready than a deer caught in the headlights.

Even the good things in life require trusting in God, not always the bad things. I'm dealing with this again and again, lately. I must need some refining in this area, and I would not argue with that claim one bit. I do. I have a lot of wrong thinking going through my head that is not Biblical, and that will not allow me to bring the glory to God that He deserves for all of this. So, if you think about it, please pray that I would continue to press on to seek honoring Him with all I do, including my approach to all that has been given me, and to not panic, but to rest wholly in Him, that He would be honored by the low position of my heart before Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home