Monday, June 09, 2008

The Sovereign Hand

Steve Camp - The Sovereign Hand (from the 2006 Desiring God album)

The potter and the clay,
He does just as He pleases,
such is God and such are we,
subjects of His high decrees.

Before the world began,
He fashioned all my days,
I fear not any man,
rest alone in His perfect ways.

Oh, the Lord is in control,
He brings peace to our troubled soul,
nothing can shake His sovereign hand,
He's the beginning and He is the end.

May not the Lord on high give favour as He wills,
chose some to life while others die,
and yet be just and loving still?

Oh how foolish I've become,
thinking I control my destiny
questioning God in what He's done,
rather than trust His sovereignty.

But, the Lord is in control,
He brings peace to our troubled souls,
nothing can shake His sovereign hand,
He's the beginning and He is the end.

Dare I quarrel with my Lord, call His ways unjust,
the thunder of whose mighty Word
can crush a thousand worlds to dust?

Oh, the Lord is in control,
And He brings hope to our desperate soul,
because He lives we face tomorrow again,
He's the beginning and He's the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home