Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Discontentment

It is a very real struggle.

I am aware of it, though. That is half the battle. Now, girding myself with the belt of Truth, and swinging the sword of the Spirit, that will compose the other half.

In a way, this post is a bookmark for my mind. I have thought on this topic extensively, yet my time spent doing other things prevents me from meditating on this thought long enough for it to sink into my brain and to become part of my own thought process. A grid through which everything is filtered before I believe its veracity. Meditation on the truths is essential. Time to do that is of primary importance.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger donsands said...

Jesus came to bear witness to the truth.
The truth of God's salvation in His death and resurrection; the truth of our sin problem; the truth of Jesus as our loving Savior, who took our sin, "not the part, but the whole" upon Himself on the Cross.

I was very discouraged today, and became angry, and then totally discouraged, while I worked.
Our Lord helped me, even IN my sinful complaint. And I cried out to him with gratitude for His mercy, and godly sorrow for my sin, which He gladly took to Himself on the cruelest Cross.

Thank you Father. Thank You Jesus.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

Wow, Don, what theology. Thank you for such a concise reminder of the Truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home