Monday, July 02, 2007

I can't believe I saw this



Have you ever worked at something for years and never quite "got it?" And then one day it all comes together and you're sailing away? That's how I feel about digital photography right now. See, I understood film, and I felt much more comfortable with film. But now I have mastered a new skill, the art of digital photography, which is so much different than film. It's a different animal altogether. I stuck with it only because it's so cheap... simply the cost of electricity to charge the battery, and run my desktop PC. (My last developing/printing bill was over $100.) But I never turned out any of those digital images that make one stop and look again. Not like I could with film. And now I feel like I've finally achieved that with digital. I feel like I have mastered an art, AND a science. I still have my reservations about photography, and one's ethical and moral uses of it, where to draw the line with images. I could stare at this all day, though, occasionally blinking and wiping the drool from my chin (I HEART STORMS). I have gained a skill I never thought I'd acquire. I've forgotten how it feels to accomplish something like this...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger donsands said...

Nice shot. Very nice.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger jazzycat said...

Digital photography has opened a whole new world for me. I am glad it is working for you.
wayne

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Scribe said...

Nice pic...very enamoring

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Scribe said...

Actually, in retrospect, the pic is quite ominous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home