Thursday, February 08, 2007

A New Heart

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. -Ezekiel 36:26

You know, for a long time I thought that I could affect the change in my life, in my attitude, but now I know that this is simply not the case. I know because with as much effort as I've put into it, I made poor progress. Either I wasn't sincere, or I wasn't trying hard enough. The truth was that I was unable to make any changes within my heart. Only God is able to do that. So all of those times I was struggling with sin, or struggling with selfishness, I was struggling because I didn't ask for help.

Secondly, I couldn't affect change that was not within the will of God. I must conform my will to His will, and not pray for the opposite to happen. Too many times I prayed for God to fulfill MY wishes and will. I prayed that maybe, just maybe, what I was asking for would be His will, and if I was so lucky as to "guess" the right answer, >POOF< if would happen. Well that isn't the way it works. I mentioned in a post a few months ago that God has already revealed His will to us. And we are to conform our will to His. What is this will, you ask? Read here.

I have discovered more about the heart of God, what His will is, when I became fed up with my ineffective prayer life. I went searching for the "keys" to praying God's will. I hate to say they're "secrets" because nothing is hidden unless the Lord has chosen to hide them from anyone. And that is because they are wise in the eyes of the world, and foolish to God. Or it is because they don't read their Bibles. That's always a possibility these days. I will devote a post later to the "keys" to praying God's will. Heck, I might even write a book about it, although I doubt it will be very popular.

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are coming right along in your study of God's sovereignty! Have you checked out any of Matt's sermons on The Village website?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger jazzycat said...

Marcian,
I saw your comment over at Unashamed of grace blog. I just wanted to stop by and tell you what a great comment it was.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

Hi Marcia,

it looks like those who believe that God chose people for heaven and the same time He chose people for hell are trying to court you. That's fine and you have a bright mind of your own.

But it doesn't sit well:

These two believe that Jesus Christ only died for those who God chose to go to heaven. They believe that those God chose for hell, Jesus did not die for, nor do they have a legitamate chance to go to heaven, because God is glorified by His choice in sending them to hell without any remedy.

If you don't believe what I say, here is a link that Quotes the name sake of their theology, John Calvin:

please take a look at these comments of John Calvin and be horrified like I am that such a one can attribute such evil to God:

John Calvin Quotes that will Horrify You

Thank you for stopping by the Unashamed of Grace Blog.

Antonio

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home