Thursday, January 11, 2007

O Lord

I feel so small and unable, but that is the way it is supposed to be. I'm sitting here thinking about the small group I'm leading, praying for them and for the words that come out of my mouth. And I'm scared, really.

But what a selfish thing to feel. Fear. For there is nothing to fear here. If the Holy Spirit is at work, what have I to fail at? If I present the Word of God, in all its living and active state, then what more work have I to do?

I refuse to think "there must be a more relevant book out there to teach from." There is nothing more relevant than God's Holy Word.

And yes, I feel weak, but that should not scare me. It should prompt me to pray for the grace in this endeavor. I should not feel shocked, surprised, or even disappointed in myself. I should not fear that God is disappointed because of my fear. Rather, He should be disappointed when I fear and then do not allow that fear to lead me to my knees. Otherwise, I will believe I can do this all on my own, which I know I cannot.

I believe in sola scriptura. And that is what I will speak.


He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Deut. 8:3

Amen.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Garry Weaver said...

All I can say is...Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home