Thursday, December 28, 2006

Okay, I DO have something to say...

As I sit here mulling over things, I wonder if I was the only one who was taught the evils of post-modernism in college. The Christian college. The same Christian college now practicing those post-modernism guidelines it once heralded as fallacies. Is that like watching Desperate Housewives because it's not as bad as South Park?

Am I the only one who was taught post-modernism in high school by that (slightly) crazy lady who always ranted about her ex-husband and raved about her kids? Who encouraged us to read Walt Whitman, even though we were SUPPOSED to be reading Frost?

My education is a schitzophrenic panoplea of multiple-personalities. Jumping between secular and Christian education every other phase of life (including college). I got to compare them side by side in a way many Americans never did. Maybe that's why I am so restless. I cannot remember a time when things didn't change.

And now it is almost impossible to express myself. I see both sides again, but I cannot articulate the formula well enough to make it useful to anyone, so I just keep silent.

One thing is for sure, though.

Jesus is the Truth.

There is a Law.

There is a black-and-white way to do this. There must be. And that black-and-white way involves a relationship so deep one cannot even put a finger on it. There's no way I can see what's inside a person, but I can read their words. I cannot clearly point out someone's motives, but I CAN pull our motivations from the Bible.

I cannot know the thoughts of God. I can relax. Isn't that what faith is about?

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Marcia,

I don't understand why we can't be friends.

agdarosa@cox.net

Antonio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home