Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Like a Child...

As I've had time lately, I've been diving into different aspects of my faith. I don't exactly have the time to fully explore their implications on what I believe, but I think it's important to know what's out there.

I will have to say this first. No doctrine or theology can dilute the Word or substitute the atoning sacrifice of Jesus and be considered a sound doctrine. I mean, as much as I HATE discussing doctrine (a waste of time IMHO), it's true that no matter what you believe, you hold to a doctrine.

But the reality of it all is that as much as we like to break down the scriptures into their original Greek and Hebrew text (which I find fascinating, really) the truth is that the message is really quite plain. Nothing in the Bible is hidden from view. It's meant so that anyone with the attitude of a child can comprehend the message of faith in Christ. He is so beautiful to those who aren't caught up in their own pride and selfishness. His sacrifice is what we are all looking for. His acceptance of all of us as we are, and His compassionate encouragement for us to be all He created us to be, is what we're dying for.

I was researching dispensationalism, and my head nearly exploded. Now, I love a good friendly debate, and I love researching deeply. But after a while, I felt like I was reading into something that had nothing to do with the message of the gospel. And I felt like all the arguments I was reading for or against were all just men trying to prove a point that had nothing to do with saving a lost soul.

Am I wrong?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am with you and that I agree. This is great stuff!

Antonio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home