Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Necessary reflection and occasional self-deprecation

I spent my lunch writing out cards to send to the guys who posed in the Boys of Tempest photo, and for Martin, without whom none of this would even be possible. And I began to reflect on each of them, and the terrific time we all had, and the camaraderie, and stories and gained affections and respect. And I realized that as I was writing and reflecting, I was thinking about what I stood to gain from these relationships, as if I was the reason these relationships existed. But really, Christ is the reason these relationships exist, to exalt and glorify Him in them. Now before I start to applaud myself for coming to this conclusion, I really ought to consider what a wasteful dolt I have been for not putting that into practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home