Wednesday, August 27, 2008

12th Annual High Plains Conference

Oh, I want to go!

This conference is unique. There appears to be a long list of presenters, each getting 20 minutes for presentation and questions. I started looking for the list of qualifications... and there isn't one. All one needs to do is be interested in severe weather and have something to present that is approved by the Conference committee. The topic, of course, must be weather that impacts the high plains.

Well, what better outlet for my academic nature and my love for severe weather and curiosity in underground construction than this conference? I don't have to enroll in school anywhere and pay more tuition money. I can do my research on my own (I have a year now to prepare for the 13th annual conference, should the Lord will that I do this). I can do this at my own pace. But this can be a starting point instead of just standing in the middle of nowhere with a pile of books and an idea.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! You always have something exciting going on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home