Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The sign of the Holy Spirit

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance produces character, and character produces hope. and hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our heart by the Holy Spirit whom He has given us. Romans 3:3-5

We are given a sign of the Holy Spirit to be with us in our daily lives. I am amazed at His power to change lives.

Two of our major project managers in the office (like they manage 80% of all the projects here) are gone. Guess who's taking over?

Me.

Today was so harrowing. People need things now, but yesterday would have been better. And I'm coordinating the efforts of people, trying to find out who lost this drawing and can we recover it? and generally putting out fires without letting them burn TOO long.

It's fun.

But I've noticed that there is a certain calm that is here with me that prevents me from spewing forth evil in my frustrated state. You know how it is, you just want to give a solid tongue lashing to that guy who deleted your drawing without even asking you what it was, you need the other guy to act faster, and you want to return (in kind) to the developer -- who doesn't understand the stress you're under and offers biting sarcastic comments about getting things done right the first time -- equally cynical and jaded effluence.

And even as the phone rings just now (had to clarify a print order) I reflect on GOD'S work by the grace of Jesus Christ on my attitude. I was actually pleasant (though visibly concerned) with the people who brought on the stress. I didn't brush off the situations as unimportant, but I found the strength to treat the people involved in them with love and charity and mercy.

Connie at Practicing Theology makes a great point in a cute way about understanding everything according to sound doctrine. I know more of the mysteries of the spiritual blessings, and I praise Him more for the changes He makes in my life.

Yes, that crazy charismatic Apostolic hoopla may be fun for a time, but I can say beyond a doubt that the Holy Spirit was in my cubicle today...

...and there wasn't any shouting at all. *grin*

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Connie said...

I so understand what you've described here--in a "previous" life, in a galaxy far far away, I held a stressful and time-sensitive job. I actually loved that job, but there were so many opportunities for the flesh vs. the Spirit!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcia, what an excellent post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home