Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oh, Brother...

Apparently, according to my pastor, repentance is now a matter of turning from a life that is going nowhere.

Fielder Road Baptist Church is going through a series advertised by the Heroes television series imagery (we'll not go there for now). And I stumbled upon this quote that I felt was quite appropriate, not to mention ironic:

"Indifferentism about doctrine makes no heroes of the faith."
--J. Gresham Machen, Christianity & Liberalism, p. 51

Being that we haven't heard much doctrine preached from the pulpit in, well, I don't know how long, I'd say this statement would do his series a bit more justice than telling people that they ought to repent from a life that is going nowhere.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcia, have you been back to that church in Southlake? (Can't remember the name)

Also, I guess you didn't see my question on your other post - have you listened to Matt's Two Wills of God? (also can't remember if I've ever asked you this!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home