Thursday, February 15, 2007

Laugh or Cry??

I really don't feel like typing out a whole lot at the moment. But I have something to say.

I have been anticipating a letter from the NCARB about my last test. I took the General Structures exam on January 22. I scheduled it in Mid November. My world dropped out from under me December 2. I began to recover the weekend before the exam (on a monday morning). I read the first three pages of my study manual in November, and I read one paragraph over and over and over again in Starbucks on a sunny sunday afternoon. Then I ditched the studying idea in favor of the beautiful weather and spent a few hours at the park on my bike. After the past two months, I needed it.

The letter I have been anticipating was not a favorable one. I went to the post box every day sifting through the junk for the letter. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

Until today. I pressed the envelope close to the paper, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

PASS in large capital letters.

I opened the letter just to be sure.

Yes, I passed.














I don't know how to impress the severity of this situation upon anyone. I clicked away at a test I had already paid for (and couldn't postpone with any real anticipation of when I might feel up to studying again), and tried to think through, but walked away with much time left, and no real conviction about a majority of the answers I had given.

I called my mom. We discussed the situation. It's becoming clearer that I'm supposed to be a licensed architect. I have no real understanding why. Only God does. But I must submit and do this. And if I ever give the credit to anyone else other than God, well... that will be a dangerous word to utter. I can only drop to my knees now and say "Thy will be done".

In humor, though, I must say that I hope I am never asked to field verify any type of structural connections.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

**EDIT** I AM happy, however. VERY happy. I ought to just drop any notion of gravity, and merely smile and rejoice.

In fact, I think I am going to do just that. Venti Starbucks, anyone? *grin*

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Matt Haugland said...

Congratulations!! I knew you would pass!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Marcian said...

Thanks, Matt!!! 5 down, 4 more to go!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home