Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On recent events

I once had someone tell me that they thought Hawaii was the best place to live because he felt his kids could be raised free from all of the problems in the world. I remember reasoning in my mind years earlier where I thought the most assured place free from crime on this earth would be. I thought "small town, midwest" but nowhere are we free from the influence of sin. Certainly my hypothesis of a small town in the Rocky Mountain range has been disproved.

I wonder if the small Amish community whose lives and perhaps memories were forever punctuated by the school hostage situation this week ever felt they were completely safe from it as well. I wonder if they worked hard to ensure that a godly lifestyle permeated every movement of every being, and add a little extra "padding" between themselves and the outside world. Do you ever wonder what those people must be thinking right now? What kinds of questions are darting through their mind? What's keeping them up at night? What has changed?

So, I just did a search on www.biblegateway.com about the "world". I got plenty of Old Testament results, but I think the most are New Testament.

Important? I think so. Take a look for yourself if you like.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home